To send one or more attachments to your email, follow these steps:
- Click the Write tab to compose a new message
- Fill out the To: and Subject: lines (Cc: and Bcc: if necessary), then write your message in the Message box.
- When you are ready to send an attachment, click the Attach button to the right of the Attachments section. The Attachments screen will appear.
- Click the Browse... button to search your computer for the file you want to attach to your email.
- The Choose File screen will appear. Once you find the file you want to attach, select it and click Open.
- The filename of the attachment will appear in the box next to Browse. This may get cut off if the file resides in a long-named folder on your computer.
- When you are ready to attach the file, click Attach.
Note: Depending on the size of your selected file, this process could take time as you upload the file to emailMyName's mail server. Please be patient.
- The name of your uploaded file will appear on the Attachments List, as well as its file size. You can see a running total of the size of your file attachments, as well as how much space is available for more.
Note: You can send individual attachments through emailMyName that are less than 25 MB. The size of a single message (including attachments) cannot exceed this limit. For more information about attachment limits, click here.
- When you are done attaching files, click Finished. If you want to cancel your attachments, click Cancel.
- Your attachment will appear below your Subject line in the list of Attachments. If you want to send another attachment, follow the same procedure listed above.
- If you have more than one attachment, they will all be listed in the Attachments box. If you want to remove the attachment, select it, then click Remove.
- When you are ready to send your attachment(s) along with your message, click Send.
The following related topics are available:
Problems Opening Attachments
Attachments and Viruses
Back to the Main Menu