Reordering Sort & Delete Settings
As you add more Sort & Delete Settings, you may have certain rules overlapping each other, in which case, the Setting ranked higher on the list takes priority.
For example, you may have one Setting (called Forwards) specify that all incoming messages where the subject contains "FWD" go to your "Forwards" folder, while another Setting (called Mother) sends all incoming messages from your mother (email@example.com) to the "Mother" folder.
If your Mother Setting is higher on the priority list than your Forwards Setting, then a message by firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "FWD: Joke" will be sent to the "Mother" folder, thus following the Mother Setting rule before the Forwards rule.
If your Forwards Setting is higher on the priority list than your Mother Setting, then a message by email@example.com with the subject "FWD: Joke" will be sent to the "Forwards" folder, thus following the Forwards Setting rule before the Mother rule.
To reorder Sort & Delete Settings:
- Click Email Features link within emailMyName.
- On the Email Features screen, click the Sort & Delete link.
- The Email Features: Sort & Delete screen will appear, displaying your current Sort & Delete Settings.
- Click the Sort & Delete Setting you want to move on the list.
- To move the Sort & Delete Setting higher on the list, click the Up arrow.
- To move the Sort & Delete Setting lower on the list, click the Down arrow.
- When you are finished reordering your list, click Save. To cancel your changes, click Cancel.
The following related topics are available:
Creating a New Sort & Delete Setting
Editing a Sort & Delete Setting
Deleting a Sort & Delete Setting
Back to the Main Menu