Common Email Errors / Solutions
Outlook Express - "Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication�"
Complete the following instructions to resolve this issue:
- Open Outlook Express.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select the Mail tab and click once on pop.emailmyname.com to highlight it.
- Click on the Properties button.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Uncheck the circle next to Log on using Secure Password Authentication.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, check the box next to My server requires authentication.
- Repeat steps 3-7 if you have more than one account.
- Click OK to exit.