Filtering Unsolicited Email - Microsoft Outlook Express 6.x
Outlook Express can be configured to filter your email as it comes into your Inbox. You can use this feature to place email from certain people into specific folders. This feature is especially useful for filtering out unwanted email.
- From the Tools menu, select Message Rules and click on Blocked Senders List. The Message Rules window will appear.
- Click on the Add button. The Add Sender window will appear asking you to type in the email address of the sender who is sending the mail that you want to ignore.
- Type in the email address that you want to have blocked.
- Ensure that the circle next to Mail messages is checked and click OK. The Message Rules window will appear displaying the email address that you have blocked.
Note: You can use this feature to filter out Mail, Newsgroups, or both by checking the circle next to the corresponding category.
- To add more addresses to this list, repeat steps 2 - 4 listed above.
- Click OK when you are finished.