Spell Checking - Outlook Express 5 for OS 9
If Microsoft Office is installed on your computer, you can use Microsoft Outlook Express to check spelling in your email messages. By using Outlook Express, you can check spelling in three ways:
* Automatically, as you type - Outlook Express checks the text of the message and adds a red, wavy underline to indicate possible spelling errors. You can correct these errors one at a time as you compose the message.
* Automatically, all at once - Each time you send a message, Outlook Express checks the text of the message and warns you about possible spelling errors.
* Manually, all at once - Outlook Express checks the text of the message and warns you about possible spelling errors only when you click Spelling on the Tools menu.
Once you have a message composed and are ready to send it:
- On the toolbar, click the Check Spelling button.
- Select the appropriate spell checking options.
- Click OK when you are finished.
Configure the spell checking feature:
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences...
- Select the Spelling tab and check the options that you want to use for spell checking.
- Check the box next to Always check spelling before sending.
- Click OK when finished.