Filtering Unsolicited Email - Outlook Express 5 for OS 9
Outlook Express can be configured to filter your email as it comes into your Inbox. You can use this feature to place email from certain people into specific folders. This feature is especially useful for filtering out unwanted email.
- From the Tools menu, select Rules. The Mail Rules window will appear.
- Click the New button. The Define Mail Rule window will appear.
- Give your Mail Rule a name at the top of the window.
- In the If section, click the All messages dropdown and choose the condition a rule should apply for.
For instance, if you constantly get spam messages from email@example.com, change the All messages dropdown to From, and next to Contains, type firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Then section, click the Change color dropdown and choose the action a rule should result in.
For instance, if you want spam messages from email@example.com to be deleted automatically, change the Change color dropdown to Delete message.
- Click OK to apply your new rule.