Filtering Unsolicited Email (Spam) - Microsoft Outlook 2002 (Windows XP)
How to filter Spam to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook:
- Locate the email from the person that you want to filter out.
- Click on it once to highlight it.
- On the toolbar, click on the Organize button.
- The email address of the person who was selected in Step 1 will appear in the "Create a rule" portion of the window.
- In the "Create a rule to move new messages" drop-down menu, select from.
- Under "Create a rule," select Deleted Items from the lowest drop-down menu.
- Click on the Create button.
- Outlook may display a window asking if you would like to apply this rule to the current folder you are in. Click Yes.
- Click on the X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Organize window.
This rule will now apply to all email from this subject.